The government has decided to take a careful, step-by-step approach to lifting the 1.5 metre rule. From 30 August social distancing will no longer be required at secondary vocational schools (MBOs), higher professional education institutions (HBOs) and universities. All other measures currently in place will be extended until 19 September inclusive. On 17 September, the government will assess whether it is possible to take the next step.
Basic rules for everyone
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- If you have symptons, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible.
- Ensure a good flow of fresh air.
Adjusted opening hours and services
Due to the coronavirus, the municipality has limited its opening hours and services. The city office at Stationsplein will remain open as usual, but not on Friday evenings.
Please be aware that it can take longer to reach us by phone. It can also take longer to receive a response from us on Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp.
- Information about coronavirus (website Dutch government)
- Dutch vaccination programma (website Dutch government)
- Information in other languages
- Information for students (website TU Delft)
- Information for internationals (Website The Hague International Centre)
Residents with questions can call the national information line: 0800 1351.