Many Dutch families send their children to a child care facility on those weekdays when both parents work. Other options include hiring a nanny or au pair to work in your home or finding a babysitter in the neighbourhood.
- Helpful information about the Dutch child care allowance
- Delft MaMa's (Delft Motherhood and Maternity Assistance) website includes many resources for parents
- Nomad Parents - for new families in the Netherlands
Child care in Delft
- True Colors Delft: international childcare centre
- Smallsteps Childcare offers bilingual care (Dutch and English)
- Stichting Kinderopvang Delft (offers bilingual care in Dutch and English)
Please remember that inclusion in these listings is not necessarily an endorsement. This listing is intended to be concise rather than all-encompassing and every effort has been made to include websites with information in English.
Home daycares and babysitting
There are several organisations that match childminders with families needing child care.
Many children in the Netherlands attend a preschool playgroup before starting school at age 4.