Many Dutch families send their children to a child care facility on those weekdays when both parents work. Other options include hiring a nanny or au pair to work in your home or finding a babysitter in the neighbourhood.
- Child care in the Netherlands (Expatica)
- Helpful information about the Dutch child care allowance
- Delft MaMa's (Delft Motherhood and Maternity Assistance) website includes many resources for parents
- Nomad Parents - for new families in the Netherlands
Child care in Delft *
- True Colors Delft: international childcare centre
- Knotz Childcare offers bilingual care (Dutch and English)
- Smallsteps Childcare offers bilingual care (Dutch and English)
- Stichting KInderopvang Delft (offers bilingual care in Dutch and English)
Home daycares and babysitting
There are several organisations that match childminders with families needing child care.
- Gastouderbureau Haaglanden (in Dutch; ring for information)
- Gastouderopvang Delft (in Dutch, ring for information)
- Oppas Madelief (babysitting service by local students)
Many children in the Netherlands attend a preschool playgroup before starting school at age 4.
- Preschool playgroups in Delft (in Dutch; ring for information)
* Please remember that inclusion in these listings is not necessarily an endorsement. This listing is intended to be concise rather than all-encompassing and every effort has been made to include websites with information in English.