Many Dutch people are very active in their free time. Whether it is sports, the arts, a hobby or an active social life, there are many opportunities for expats to enjoy themselves and get to know Delft and its people.
- Delft has a full calendar of events and many attractions that draw tourists from all over the world. There are music and art festivals throughout the year, lots of cafes and restaurants and a great variety of clubs and associations for all sorts of interests and hobbies, including some for international residents.
- Upcoming events (IamExpat)
- The Delft website for tourists includes lots of information about things to do in your free time, including sports, museums, cinema, theatre and music
- Theater de Veste
- Filmhuis Lumen (in Dutch)
- DOK, Delft's award-winning public library, offers so much more than just books
- VAK: Delft Art Centre (in Dutch)
- Botanical Gardens (at TU Delft)
- New Chamber Choir Delft (scroll down for English)
- For Children: Comprehensive listing of playgrounds in Delft, large and small (in Dutch)
The Dutch national museum discount card gives you free entrance to around 400 museums in the Netherlands for one annual fee. Visit the site for more information (in Dutch).