Finding the right home to rent will take time, perseverance and a little luck. Keep in mind that homes can be rented furnished (gemeubileerd), fitted with curtains and floor coverings (gestoffeerd), or unfurnished (kaal). Be sure to ask about appliances, lighting fixtures and utility costs.
Below is a selected list of estate agents* serving Delft that specialize in short-term rental units, which are often furnished. These are convenient for expats while looking for a home to buy or who are visiting Delft for a short period of time:
- Björnd Makelaardij: Delft estate agent for rental and sales (description of each home is usually in Dutch and then English)
- Oude Delft Makelaardij: Delft estate agent for rental and sales
- Homelets: Delft rental agency
- Rots-vast Groep: national rental agency with office in Delft
- BeHome: regional rental agency with office in Delft
- Pararius: national rental listing
- Xpatrentals: housing listings - rental and sales
- Huurwoningen.nl : rentals in Delft (website in Dutch)
Social housing corporations (sociale woningcorporaties) rent unfurnished units at affordable prices throughout Delft. While these homes can be attractive to international visitors because of the low prices, there is always a waiting list, the application procedure can be very complicated and priority is given to those who have been waiting the longest. To qualify for most homes with a monthly rent of up to € 652.52, your annual income, if you plan to live alone, must be below € 33,600.
The first two websites below explain the system but it would be helpful to find someone who speaks Dutch to help you with the registration and application process through Woonnet Haaglanden.
- Renting in the non-commercial sector
- Housing corporations in Delft (you can ring them for more information)
- Woonnet Haaglanden: a complete listing of public housing units available for rent in the region (including Delft and The Hague); here you can register and then apply for available units (in Dutch).
* Please remember that inclusion in these listings is not necessarily an endorsement. This listing is intended to be concise rather than all-encompassing and every effort has been made to include websites with information in English.