Moving to Delft from abroad

Do you move to the Netherlands from another country? And do you expect to stay in the Netherlands for at least 4 months? Then you must register with the municipality. This also applies to all persons in your family who move with you. You can register online for an appointment at the municipality of Delft. Do this within 5 days of your arrival.

Sign up every family member who moves with you. The municipality will check your application. Is it complete? Then you will receive an appointment to register with the municipality of Delft. This is done at the City Office at Stationsplein 1.

Register at the municipality

You and your whole family are required to come to the appointment at the City Office. During the appointment, the municipality will determine your identity. There you also sign your registration form. Your registration is then complete.

At the appointment you will receive a letter that you are registered with the municipality of Delft. This letter also includes your citizen service number (BSN).

Need more documents?

It is possible that the municipality needs more documents in order to register you properly. Is that the case, then you will receive a message as soon as possible.

Are you unable to register online? Then call 14015 to make an appointment at the City Office.

Procedure for highly skilled migrants

A different procedure applies to highly skilled migrants and expats. To register directly, they can make an appointment at the expat desk of The Hague International Centre.

Procedure for non-residents

Do you not live in the Netherlands? Or do you live in the Netherlands for a period of less than 4 months? Then you can register as a non-resident. This is only possible at a municipality with a special counter for non-residents (RNI municipality).